Monday, April 6, 2009

My Smile.

I think about my smile a lot.

I love smiling.
I believe it is the single most best thing anyone could ever do with their face.
It makes me feel good and lets the rest of my body know it is okay to relax.

But then I think about how I must look when I smile. I see it in a reflection and I get embarrassed. It seems ugly to me. So broad, showing off my gums. Flaunting my gaps. All I can see are imperfections in this smile of mine. And I payed those men to make it right, but they let me down.

I think about how every time I open my mouth someone is probably looking into it with disgust. Thinking maybe I might be in pain rather than happy. Hoping that I will shut my lips soon so they have one less thing to worry about.

My smile is obnoxious and obtrusive.
It reflects who I am.
... and I can't say if I like that or not.

But I will keep on smiling and hope that someone finds it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment